Technology advancement keeps growing both the phenomenon anti-spamming and the new ways of spamming. As the webmail service is one of the most convenient ways to spread spam messages, it is a major concern for the Yahoo mail users to get rid of these sorts of emails. It can hamper your daily life and steal the valuable information from your computer. Yahoo Mail Technical Support suggests setting up spam email filter if these messages are hitting your inbox on the regular basis. Doing so, it will prevent harmful messages going directly into your inbox. Instead, they will be moved into the spam folder you have created.
Email filtering option spot the spam messages by the type of contents, sender’s email address, URL domain, sensitive keywords, domain name, body and title of the email. Using this option, you can add, remove, and manage these kinds of unsolicited emails. Let’s explore the ways you can do this.
- Open your browser and log in to your Yahoo mail account. Inbox page will open. Take your cursor to the upper right corner of the page and hit the “Gear” icon. Select “Setting” from the drop-down menu.
- Make sure you have enabled the option “Filter Setting”. For this, you must switch your mail version to “Full-featured” in order to access this option. The filter option doesn’t work in the basic version of Yahoo.
- Search for the filter section and hit the “Add” button. This will allow you to alter the spam setting. Type the keyword you want to block. If you want to block the job-related messages, type “Job” in the filter name field.
- Click on “Each condition” and choose any of the option “Contains”, “Begins with”, “Doesn’t contain”, “End with”. In the box next to each condition, enter the word you want the filter to check.
- Click on “Match case” if the case of the word is important. Doing so, the filter will only check for the lower case or capitalized version of the word. Also, choose the folder into which filter moves the messages that meets the criteria you have set. Click “Save” to save the changes.
If you have created the different spam folders, there might be a chance that the messages containing specific keyword navigate to another folder. For example, if you have put the word “job” in a spam folder and “family” in another filter folder, the messages consisting of these keywords can move into either of the folders. To overcome this, click the “Up” arrow button to move that spam folder to other folders. Set the “Priority” option. This way, spam emails will move to destination folder without disturbing the other folder.
Contact the Experts and Get This Task Done Easily
Although these steps are described pretty well, it might give you a little headache as the steps could vary with different version of Yahoo and computer operating system. So why to cudgel your brain while the experts are 24/7 active at your disposal. Save your time and hassle by giving a call to the expert at Yahoo Mail Customer Service Phone Number USA +1-833-671-1777. The experts make sure you issues will be fixed in the fraction of time and with greater ease.